Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

hey, little songbird, schol / ed
Scholastica Řezník
 Posted: Mar 7 2017, 07:51 PM

Bee

110 posts

20 years old

Nursing Student | Patient Sitter | Alpha Nu Member

MC Student

tracker

(She wonders, vaguely, if she should be more worried. Feels the nervous energy in her chest blooming and being pushed back down, blooming and being pushed back down.

When she prays for Edna to hear her, to answer, she gets one.

She wonders if she should be grateful for that little one, if that was her sign that all was well or if it was instead a sign of all being unwell. She struggles to interpret these things, struggles to know what to do. She prays for more understanding.

She doesn't think she gets much

one has to work for some things, after all.)

When she knows for certain that Edna's heard her, Scholastica keeps chatting. Asks questions, tries to draw out some answer, but when she can't simply moves forward into a connecting topic. Over and over. "I'm surprised I found you so easily, I assume it's probably fate that did it, you see? Or, is this your first time here? Really, when I met you down in the morgue I was almost positive we'd run across each other sooner than this. I very nearly wondered if I made you up, or if you were a ghost of some sort, especially once Halloween came around and the girls in Pi Beta Phi tried to make us believe we had one in our house. It was a cruel joke, I hardly slept for a week... but then I hardly sleep most weeks. You know, I barely had two hours before I came here, and then I have to go off and do clinical for several hours, and then I have a lot of homework when I get home, and then maybe I'll get a few more hours, that would be nice.

Have you been sleeping well?

You don't look like it.

You really should take better care of yourself, it's hard to stay healthy if you don't sleep and sit outside in the cold like this. I would know, I got very sick back in October because of this. But I only have a month left of it, then I can change my schedule to take better care of myself."

(Maybe.)

--------------------
[ 5'3", getting stronger | wants to fill the world with god's love :0! | alpha nu omega sister | never seems to stop bouncing | aesthetic ]
user posted image user posted image
PMEmail
^
Edna Nödl
 Posted: May 16 2017, 07:15 PM

Panda

326 posts

27 years old

:} | Intuitions clerk

Townspersons

tracker

Edna ignores everything Scholastica has to say about staying healthy, because oh, she's so naive, she couldn't possibly know better. Edna ignores her own body too much, thinks of it more as a prop than a part of herself that she should show concern for.

The words she latches onto are fate and ghosts, things that were far more real to her than the idea of being healthy. "You can sense ghosts better when you're tired, when your eye is relaxed," she says then, like it's a universal fact,

slips one of her hands away from Scholastica so that she can reach up, feeling at the girl's face until she finds the spot in the center of her eyebrows, an inch above that. "You feel it here."

Like there was no room for anything but agreement.

--------------------

{ 5'10, emaciated | quiet creepy spider | speaks reaaally sloo o o oowly | aesthetic }
PMEmail
^
Scholastica Řezník
 Posted: May 17 2017, 04:23 AM

Bee

110 posts

20 years old

MC Student

tracker

#ableism

"Oh... is that..."

Scholastica's fingers twitch in her lap, against the pantleg of her scrubs where they'd dropped when Edna let them go. Edna's hands on her face are cold, freezing in fact, and it makes her shiver. It's one thing that makes her shiver. (It sounds occult, what she's saying, devilish, and that scares her.

What scares her more is the way she can remember every slight pressure in-between her brows just with the way Edna holds her fingers there.

It's enough that she finds herself hoping the woman is just crazy.

Though, even that makes guilt sink into her stomach.)

"Is that why you look so tired?" she asks , her voice softer then, nearly a whisper as she reaches up to put her hands around Edna's wrists. Not removing her hands but simply sitting there, a safety. "Why are you out here? You still haven't said."

She frowns, more questions forming and dropping from her mouth.

"And what doesn't matter? And why don't you want me to tell anyone? And... what...

what do you want me to do?"

--------------------
[ 5'3", getting stronger | wants to fill the world with god's love :0! | alpha nu omega sister | never seems to stop bouncing | aesthetic ]
PMEmail
^
Edna Nödl
 Posted: May 18 2017, 09:23 AM

Panda

326 posts

27 years old

Townspersons

tracker

"You'd get more answers if you asked less questions," Edna points out, almost like she's taunting the girl.

And still, she doesn't answer a single one.

--------------------

{ 5'10, emaciated | quiet creepy spider | speaks reaaally sloo o o oowly | aesthetic }
PMEmail
^
Scholastica Řezník
 Posted: May 19 2017, 09:03 AM

Bee

110 posts

20 years old

MC Student

tracker

Her jaw tightens with shame, glancing away from Edna like the woman can see straight through her. "I'm sorry," she says after a moment, "I'm sorry. I..."

(those are all only excuses, though)

"I'll be quiet now."

And it takes every effort not to beg for those answers.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Edna Nödl
 Posted: Yesterday at 07:45 pm

Panda

326 posts

27 years old

Townspersons

tracker

Edna smiles softly at that, hums something short and tuneless. "Good girl."

It's not so much the silence that follows where Edna finds her enjoyment, but in the knowledge of how difficult it comes for Scholastica, who fidgets too much, practically vibrates with a restless energy. It's a weak spot that fascinates Edna, makes her want to wear it down, pick away at it until she's dug deep into the core of the girl and found out what it stems from, what other weakness branch out from the same place.

Edna waits for it, and sure enough only a few minutes pass before she hears Scholastica take a breath, the very beginning of a syllable in her mouth before Edna cuts her off with the conclusion she's drawn from all the words and gestures she's been given.

"You're so miserable," she coos, moving to smooth the girl's hair back like she was comforting a pet. "Do you even realize it?"

--------------------

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll