Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 6  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

I'm afraid of you because I can't be left behind, Nor & the Nöödles
Edna Nödl
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 07:39 PM

Panda

362 posts

27 years old

:} | Intuitions clerk

Townspersons

tracker

"Nothing I've done that you haven't done first."

--------------------

{ 5'10, emaciated | quiet creepy spider | speaks reaaally sloo o o oowly | aesthetic }
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Elwood Nödl
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 07:56 PM

Hobo

2541 posts

29 years old

garbage man | :}

Townspersons

tracker

"Fuck you," Elwood bites back. Her truth is worse, he knows. What she's done is worse.

But there's something twisting in his stomach, all the same. Anger that she'd betray him like that. Fear, knowing how he woke up this morning, remembering the lazy way he tangled his fingers up with Nor's in the car home. It's like Ed knows it, how he felt, how he didn't want the ride to end. Like their parents know it, too.

He pushes down the feeling, glares resolutely at the road ahead. "That ain't how anybody else gonna see it," he tells both of them at once. "You know what, you want to tell them you committed a fuckin' felony just because I left town, you go right ahead."

--------------------
i'm sorry about him

5'9 & wiry | looks like / is garbage | talks shit, gets hit
clothes | songs | moodboard

QUOTE (Aiko Oshiro @ Jul 11 2017, 11:15 AM)
CURSED! Elwood Nödl must give what he considers to be genuinely helpful advice (solicited or unsolicited) to the next 6 people who ask him a question.

( ◑ω◑☞)☞ and so does Aiko Oshiro
PM
^
Edna Nödl
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 10:45 AM

Panda

362 posts

27 years old

Townspersons

tracker

When he says it like that, it doesn't seem like such a good idea anymore. "Fine. I will," she decides out loud, just to seem unafraid, unbothered, even as she realized all the reasons why she couldn't tell their parents those things without implicating herself.

She goes silent after that though, her brain burning with defeat, shame.

Until they've left the town behind them, turning onto the road that leads to their parents' house, gravel crackling under the wheels of the truck, the ride suddenly uneven.

"Stop."

--------------------

{ 5'10, emaciated | quiet creepy spider | speaks reaaally sloo o o oowly | aesthetic }
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Elwood Nödl
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 09:12 PM

Hobo

2541 posts

29 years old

garbage man | :}

Townspersons

tracker

Elwood clenches his teeth and hits the gas in answer. The truck lurches forward, and Edna has to say it again, stop, stop, so that Elwood thinks she'll reach over and jerk the wheel and roll them into the ditch just to keep them from pulling into their parents' drive. He stops the truck. He can see their mailbox up ahead, poking out of familiar brush, and he pokes his tongue at his teeth and thinks, close enough. Edna has been quiet all the way home, been calm even, and Elwood's already begun the work of shoving down the strangeness of how she was before. By now, even the blood on her palms feels justified, some cosmic punishment for exploding out instead of in, for exploding where he was caught in the line of fire. By now he's buried his worry deep under anger, under blame.

He unlocks the doors with his jaw tight and his eyes trained resolutely on the road. If she doesn't go home right now, he thinks, well, that'll be on her.

--------------------
i'm sorry about him

5'9 & wiry | looks like / is garbage | talks shit, gets hit
clothes | songs | moodboard

QUOTE (Aiko Oshiro @ Jul 11 2017, 11:15 AM)
CURSED! Elwood Nödl must give what he considers to be genuinely helpful advice (solicited or unsolicited) to the next 6 people who ask him a question.

( ◑ω◑☞)☞ and so does Aiko Oshiro
PM
^
Edna Nödl
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 06:13 PM

Panda

362 posts

27 years old

Townspersons

tracker

But with the car stopped, the doors unlocked, Edna doesn't move right away despite how eager she'd been to escape earlier.

It feels like if she gets out now, she'll never see Elwood again. At least not in the same way, because if they leave this broken, let it settle that way, there'd be no forcing it back together.

You already lost him, a voice reminds her. Long before this, years ago, so that anything she could think to say now seems pointless, because it's not Elwood that would hear it, but the person he turned into.

The man sitting next to her isn't her brother.

The people that live in that house down the road aren't her family. Or they wouldn't be, not after this, not if they saw her now, not if they knew what she'd done.

They'd hate you, all of them, and so it's safer to be alone, apart.

"I don't care," she says out loud, to herself, an attempt at pushing that fear away while she climbs out of the car and into

nothing, there's nothing left beyond this.

Except--

Donald Weiser's house is down the road in the direction they came from, and he always opens the door for her, lets her exist there when she can't stand to exist anywhere else.

But going there means acknowledging that that's something she needs.

She shouldn't need anything, should be able to survive as an island.

And so she doesn't turn towards it, just stands in the snow covered grass on the side of the road, swaying slightly under the weight of four days without food or sleep, until Elwood's truck is leaving her behind,

until she hears the sound of his tires disappear for what feels like the last time.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 6 
Add Reply
New Poll