Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

everybody's life has static, > jd
Dahlia Sawyer
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 10:58 AM

vi

107 posts

19 years old

english major @ mc

MC Student

tracker

#self harm

"They don't need to be high to discount ninety-nine percent of this town, though." She rolls her eyes and rests her hands on her purse strap, beginning to get a little anxious about bringing JD home. She doubts her parents will care - or, like, really notice - but on the other hand, they can be pretty fucking embarrassing. And she's going to have to take her coat off at some point, too, which means JD will probably see her arms. If she plays it cool she can probably grab a cardigan and it'll be fine, if she doesn't draw attention to it, but she doesn't really trust herself not to. She tries to calm herself down by reminding herself that the scars there are all old, but still, it makes her nervous.

--------------------
PROFILE / AESTHETIC / MOODBOARD / SONGS
( 5'3 / THIN / DEAD GIRL WALKING / SHE/HER )
user posted image user posted image
PM
^
Jess Dubois
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 04:00 PM

Taylor

49 posts

19 years old

Philosophy Major

UMM Student

tracker

"Fair enough, I guess," JD says, giving up on digging through her backpack for whatever it was she was looking for. She twists it back on properly, sliding her arm through the strap again.

"I've lived worse places, this dump isn't entirely hopeless. Though for sure more boring than I would've expected. Guess you could say the mayor has some good guys running this town's website, that's for sure." She says all this as if she has any idea what she's talking about, when in reality she'd never even heard of fucking Monroeville until literally the day her and her father moved in. On name alone she would have much preferred Meddybemps.

Gazing up at all the nice, suburban homes they pass by, JD decides she's close enough to done with her Slurpee and shoves it right into one of the nice, trimmed hedges just as her and Dahlia pass by it. "Almost there? Or are you just buying time now?"

This post has been edited by Jess Dubois: Apr 25 2017, 04:00 PM

--------------------
profile || threads || style
{ 5'9 || umm freshman, philosophy major || edgelord }
PM
^
Dahlia Sawyer
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 04:37 PM

vi

107 posts

19 years old

english major @ mc

MC Student

tracker

And of course, the hedge is Dahlia's next-door neighbor. She snorts, thankful that she has enough of a reputation as a good girl - somehow - that they won't suspect it was her. "This is me," she says dryly, walking up the sidewalk to her front door and swinging it open. She steps in before JD. "Dad, I'm home, I have a friend with me," she calls out, but she doesn't wait for a reply, just starts climbing the stairs to the second level, expecting JD to follow her.

"Hi, Rose," her dad calls, assuming it's a safe bet.

Dahlia doesn't correct him. She pretends she didn't hear.

--------------------
PM
^
Jess Dubois
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 05:49 PM

Taylor

49 posts

19 years old

Philosophy Major

UMM Student

tracker

JD follows after, looking around with a renewed excitement as they walk into Dahlia's parent's home. She had assumed that chilling there meant they'd be chilling alone, but the fact they're not is even better.

She stops before beginning up the steps, and doesn't even glance up at Dahlia before changing her path to follow the direction of the old man's voice with a smile on her face.

"Jess Dubois, actually," She says walking into the other room with a confidence she has no right to have, hands in the pockets of her jacket. "I'm a friend from college. Nice to finally meet you Mr. Sawyer." She's really laying it on thick, though she's always been a bit too personable with strangers.

--------------------
PM
^
Dahlia Sawyer
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 06:35 PM

vi

107 posts

19 years old

english major @ mc

MC Student

tracker

Dahlia freezes on the steps when she realizes JD stayed downstairs. On the plus side, it gives her a quick chance to slip out of her coat and into a cardigan, but after that she immediately speeds back downstairs.

Paul Sawyer, on the other hand, looks up from a doorstopper crime fiction novel he's reading when JD enters the room, removing a pair of reading glasses from the bridge of his nose and smiling at her. He looks like Dahlia, with dark hair and pale skin, although he's graying. He's hooked up to an oxygen tank. He lifts his hand in a wave. "Well, it's good to meet you, Miss Dubois. Call me Paul," he says affably, and then smiles past her as Dahlia appears behind her. "Hey, Dollface," he adds cheerfully, and Dahlia is mortified.

This post has been edited by Dahlia Sawyer: Apr 25 2017, 06:36 PM

--------------------
PM
^
Jess Dubois
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 07:39 PM

Taylor

49 posts

19 years old

Philosophy Major

UMM Student

tracker

Jess immediately notices the oxygen tank, but only glances for a brief moment before meeting his eyes again, "JD is fine." Noticing Paul looking past her, she turns her head and smiles at Dahlia.

"Heyyy, so I was just about to tell your old man here-" she looks back to Paul and motions to his tank, "I know a dude that does some sweet decals if you ever want something to spruce up the old tank."

--------------------
PM
^
Dahlia Sawyer
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 08:42 PM

vi

107 posts

19 years old

english major @ mc

MC Student

tracker

Dahlia bristles when JD speaks, but Paul smiles politely. "That's sweet of you, JD," he says, looking back at her. "I don't think I'm hip enough for a decal, but I'll keep that in mind."

"Yeah, great," Dahlia says quickly, shooting him a look behind JD's back. "We were just gonna go play some Mario Kart. Come on, JD," she says, slipping her hand around JD's wrist and tugging lightly to get her to come upstairs.

"You kids have fun," Paul says with a nod, picking up his novel again.

--------------------
PM
^
Jess Dubois
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 02:57 AM

Taylor

49 posts

19 years old

Philosophy Major

UMM Student

tracker

Jess laughs, letting herself get gently pulled along. Looking over her shoulder, she calls back, "See ya, Paul."

As they get further down the hall and back towards the stairs, Jess pulls her arm out of Dahlia's grip. "Pretty chill dude."

--------------------
PM
^
Dahlia Sawyer
 Posted: May 2 2017, 07:46 PM

vi

107 posts

19 years old

english major @ mc

MC Student

tracker

"Nice to meet you," Paul calls after the two of them and resumes his place in his novel. Dahlia rolls her eyes, ever-embarrassed by her dorky parents. She heads up the stairs again.

"He's great," she agrees without conviction, passing the bathroom and her parents' closed door before arriving in front of her own and swinging it open. It's decorated in blues and grays and dark brown woods. There's a wall-mounted plasma TV with a small milk crate of games at the foot of her bed, which is easily big enough for two and a half people, and she flops down by the crate to set things up.

--------------------
PM
^
Jess Dubois
 Posted: May 6 2017, 03:53 PM

Taylor

49 posts

19 years old

Philosophy Major

UMM Student

tracker

Jess looks around as they walk, taking in whatever details she can and itching to open the closed door they pass. Dahlia's room isn't entirely what she expected, which is a feeling she doesn't like. But she forgets it as soon as she plops down on the edge of Dahlia's bed, slipping her backpack off her shoulders and tugging off her jacket.

"How long's he been sick?" she asks, it not occurring to her that it might be an insensitive question to ask. Or maybe just not caring.

--------------------
PM
^
Dahlia Sawyer
 Posted: May 8 2017, 01:22 PM

vi

107 posts

19 years old

english major @ mc

MC Student

tracker

It is an insensitive question to ask, and Dahlia shoots her a look over her shoulder.

Then she sighs.

"Towards the middle of senior year," she says, "So I guess like a year and a half at this point." She clearly doesn't want to talk about it, that much is evident on her face as she tosses JD a controller.

--------------------
PM
^
Jess Dubois
 Posted: May 17 2017, 06:58 PM

Taylor

49 posts

19 years old

Philosophy Major

UMM Student

tracker

JD doesn't catch the look though, unzipping and digging around in her bag to grab a bottle of Mountain Dew she lifted. "Man, bummer," she says offhandedly, rubbing Cheeto crumbs off on her jeans. She cracks open the bottle and takes a quick swig, setting it aside to grab the controller.

"So what track are we playing?"

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll