Welcome to Will to Live, a RP set in the fictional town of Monroeville, Maine. Orginally a small fishing village turned college town turned tourist trap, long-time locals are now outnumbered by newcomers in their ever-expanding hometown. Plots are primarily member-driven, with a wide range of interesting and diverse characters to interact with. Feel free to jump right in; fresh perspectives and ideas are always welcome.

board time
AUTUMN 2017

your friendly staff
PANDA | BEE | HOBO

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

when the city goes silent, the ringing in my ears gets violent, don/edna
Edna Nödl
 Posted: Nov 16 2017, 04:48 PM

Panda

421 posts

27 years old

:} | Intuitions clerk

Townspersons

tracker

His words squeeze a gasping breath out of Edna, a rush of air that comes with the feeling of safety, trust. I believe you.

No one's ever believed me.

Her fingers twitch underneath his touch. When he starts the wipe away the dried blood, her cuts aren't as bad as they looked; most of them are shallow, and even the few deeper ones had stopped bleeding, no stitches needed.

"Is that what happened to your family?"

--------------------

{ 5'10, emaciated | quiet creepy spider | speaks reaaally sloo o o oowly | aesthetic }
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Donald Weiser
 Posted: Nov 16 2017, 05:05 PM

Taylor

79 posts

51 years old

Crab Fisherman

Townspersons

tracker

It's a relief to him that a lot of the cuts seem pretty superficial, that the worst part will probably be the healing process. At least, that's how it's always been for him. He opens another wipe and continues work on her other hand, but hesitates with his words because he doesn't quite know how to answer that.

He doesn't want to think that he might not ever see his daughters again.

"My daughters were supposed to call. It was Mack's number but..." he clears his throat, and takes a moment to prevent his voice from shaking. "I knew it wasn't her voice."

--------------------
profile || plot page || threads || relationships
{ 6'0" || out-there crab fisherman || chill SoCal divorcee }
PM
^
Edna Nödl
 Posted: Nov 16 2017, 05:17 PM

Panda

421 posts

27 years old

Townspersons

tracker

At that, Edna's free hand reaches up to lay over his, holding it there between hers. She squeezes tight even though it hurts, because she's so sure Donald Weiser is the only person in the universe who knows exactly how she feels.

And it all feels so much more real then, to know that someone else had felt it too, that it wasn't just all in her head. It made it more terrifying then, to know for sure, but at the same time

it meant there had to be a way to fix it.

"How do we get them back?"

--------------------

{ 5'10, emaciated | quiet creepy spider | speaks reaaally sloo o o oowly | aesthetic }
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Donald Weiser
 Posted: Nov 17 2017, 03:21 AM

Taylor

79 posts

51 years old

Crab Fisherman

Townspersons

tracker

He goes still and lowers his head slightly, his mouth pulled into a tight line.

The reality of the situation really starts to sink in then, things starting to feel a lot more dire. It's not just in his head.

"I... I wish I knew."

--------------------
profile || plot page || threads || relationships
{ 6'0" || out-there crab fisherman || chill SoCal divorcee }
PM
^
Edna Nödl
 Posted: Nov 17 2017, 09:52 AM

Panda

421 posts

27 years old

Townspersons

tracker

Edna's hands loosen from around Don's. That's not what she wants to hear, the likelihood that this was just the way things were now, that there was no changing it.

Her whole life, Edna has always lived in a closed, repeating circle. Never let herself get too close to anyone that wasn't family, never strayed too far from her specific routine and patterns, finding safety and an entire identity in that repetition, the predictability of it. As if she stayed in that circle for her entire life, nothing would ever change and everything would be fine.

She thought she was doing well, she thought she had done everything she was supposed to, but still somehow she had ended up sitting with dried blood and a knot on her forehead in Donald Weiser's bathroom, no job, a brother she didn't even recognize anymore, and parents she didn't trust to look at her the same way now that she'd lost so much control of everything.

There were rules to her reality, she had followed every single one, and things were still broken.

And now Donald was telling her he had no idea what to do about it.

It's paralyzing, the way that hits her like a wall of bricks at 200 miles per hour. What did she have now, if not that?

She'd never asked him before, always just shown up and expected to be let in, but she's asking him now because she needs to know she has something in the midst of everything else that had stopped making sense:

"Can I stay with you?"

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by tina belcher
mini profile by nicole @ caution