Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

like breaking glass, like here might shatter, [kat]
Parker Emery
 Posted: Dec 20 2016, 01:07 AM

Taylor

1360 posts

19 years old

Bio Major / Crim Minor & Waiter at Bernard's

MC Student

tracker

so let the winter freeze each corner of the earth
bury everything i've had in frozen dirt

~
Kat de la Cruz ; outfit
cw: smoking

~

Following a late-night cigarette run at Bernie's, Parker decides to drive a long way through some side roads of Cherry Street. His windshield wipers try their best to wipe away the snow falling from the sky, but they're just making it harder to see though - which is made worse when coupled with the fact that his car's tires aren't exactly the best for winter driving. His steering wheel doesn't have a great turn-radius and his breaks have been shot to shit too - he knows it's only a matter of time until the car just gives up or he gets in some kind of accident.

He eventually has to pull over, near the apartment complexes, so he can try to clear some of the smeared slush from the glass. He turns off the car and closes the door rather loudly when he steps out, feeling irritable with that dull pounding in the back of his head when he's gone too long without a smoke (feeling too vulnerable, too paranoid but he'd rather focus on the cigarettes right now).

Leaning back against his car, he pulls the new pack out of his pocket, unwrapping it and then placing one cigarette between cold, chapped lips. Once lit, he holds it in his mouth as he turns and leans over to wipe off the windshield with the sleeve of his over-sized jacket. Deciding it's good enough, he shakes the ice from his sleeve and gets back into his car. When he tries to start it up, however, it makes a pitiful sound. He tries again, cranking it for about ten seconds - nothing. Again and still nothing.

With the cigarette in one hand, he slams his other fist against the steering wheel in frustration, cursing to himself when it makes the horn honk. He sits there for a few minutes, finishing his cigarette and thinking about what the fuck he's going to do if he can't manage to get his car going. There's no way he can walk back to campus like this. There's no way he can really stay here either, not without his car's heater working.

This post has been edited by Parker Emery: Jan 3 2017, 06:16 PM

--------------------
profile || plot page || threads || blog || relationships || past || playlist || style
{ 5'8" || chainsmoker || downward spiral under wraps || west belfast (irish) accent }
user posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
Kat de la Cruz
 Posted: Jan 3 2017, 10:25 PM

vi

200 posts

21 years old

let's player

Townspersons

tracker

It's late-night, which is all but a guarantee that Kat's still awake. She's got the TV turned down so as not to wake Jericho (which is admittedly very hard to do) but she's wide-awake running through the Resident Evil 7 demo for the thirtieth time.

One would think that given how many times she's played it, as well as the multitude of other horror games she's played and literally makes a living off of, it wouldn't make her as paranoid as it does. Well, one would be wrong, and when there's a loud bang from outside following welcome to the family, son (which Kat absolutely mouths along to,) Kat gasps softly and just about jumps out of her skin. She checks to make sure Jericho is still asleep and then creeps to the window, looking out. It's hard to make out from this distance, but the person looks familiar, and more importantly Kat is relieved that it's not an old farmer man coming to kill her with an ax.

She hears the bang again, squinting, and decides that even strangers who could still feasibly be murderers should probably be checked on in weather like this. She grabs Jericho's coat and slides into a pair of his converse to go downstairs and peer out the front door.

The light inside of the car is on and she squints again, recognizing it this time as Parker. She looks both ways and then moves across to his car window, tapping on the glass.

--------------------
PROFILE / AESTHETIC / MOODBOARD / SONGS
( 5'0 / SOFT TUMMY / QUIETEST SAILOR MOUTH / SHE/HER/THEY/THEM/IT/ITS )
user posted image user posted image
PM
^
Parker Emery
 Posted: Feb 10 2017, 06:57 PM

Taylor

1360 posts

19 years old

MC Student

tracker

Parker sinks down into the seat a bit as he brings the cigarette back to his mouth. Frustrated, he watches the smoke swirl around inside his car with only the passenger-side window cracked just enough to pull it out with the cold breeze.

A sense of hopelessness overcomes him when he realizes just how difficult this is going to make everything, especially when it comes to work... Great.

When Kat makes it downstairs, Parker's picking at something on his dashboard that caught his attention, with his cigarette in his left hand resting on the steering wheel. When she taps on the glass, Parker startles rather badly as he snaps his head in her direction and almost drops his cigarette. It takes him a second to realize it's only her and frets as he opens the door to step out, "Kat, hey -"

Tossing his cigarette on the snow-dusted ground, he glances up at the apartment building and then back to Kat. Sounding strained and on-edge, he continues, "Sorry, did I wake you?"

--------------------
profile || plot page || threads || blog || relationships || past || playlist || style
{ 5'8" || chainsmoker || downward spiral under wraps || west belfast (irish) accent }
PM
^
Kat de la Cruz
 Posted: Feb 12 2017, 01:59 PM

vi

200 posts

21 years old

let's player

Townspersons

tracker

Kat feels awful for startling him, although looking at her face you'd never know. She shakes her head calmly and shrugs. "No, I'm never asleep this late. Car troubles?"

And despite her blunt affect, which she regulates worse at night since she's used to being alone or with Jericho and T, it's obvious that she's sincere; there's a warm tone in her voice despite the fact that she's shivering a little bit.

(In the back of her head she curses herself for not throwing on some sweats.)

--------------------
PM
^
Parker Emery
 Posted: Mar 11 2017, 02:26 AM

Taylor

1360 posts

19 years old

MC Student

tracker

Parker rests his right arm on the top of the open car door and lets out a breath (notices that it comes out in a thick plume as if he were still smoking), still trying to get his heart to calm down.

He swallows and then nods in response to the question, glancing over, "Yeah, I, uh - shit - I guess it was on it's way out for a while..."

Bringing his hand to his face to rub his eyes, Parker curses under his breath, frustrated. Then, "Won't start."

--------------------
PM
^
Kat de la Cruz
 Posted: Mar 16 2017, 08:40 PM

vi

200 posts

21 years old

let's player

Townspersons

tracker

Kat nods, wrapping her arms around herself. "Shit," she says, and chews on her lip absently for a moment before deciding.

Well, what else is she going to do? Leave him out in the cold?

"Do you wanna come in? I don't know, like... the tow truck situation here... but it's, you know." She gestures around at nothing in particular. "Fucking freezing. At least sit where it's warm to figure out your next move."

--------------------
PM
^
Parker Emery
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 10:58 PM

Taylor

1360 posts

19 years old

MC Student

tracker

Parker looks at her, "Ah, shit really?"

A wave of relief comes over him. He didn't have any towing numbers, and no way to look one up anyway considering his lack of smartphone. She's really saving his ass right now. "God, I'd really 'preciate that, thank you."

--------------------
PM
^
Kat de la Cruz
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 11:50 PM

vi

200 posts

21 years old

let's player

Townspersons

tracker

Kat nods and gives a rare genuine smile. "Yeah, come on," she says, stepping back so he can get out of the car. "Jericho's asleep - I don't remember if you met Jericho? - but he's a pretty deep sleeper, so..."

She pulls Jericho's coat tighter around her as she moves back for the building. "And we have like, hot cocoa and shit if you want some. He makes it a lot better than I do but like, I can work a microwave."

--------------------
PM
^
Parker Emery
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 12:28 AM

Taylor

1360 posts

19 years old

MC Student

tracker

He smiles back, really thankful for her generosity. Then turns and reaches back into his car to grab his phone charger, cigarettes, and keys before shoving them into his pockets.

"Oh, yeah, I actually met 'im at work a week or so ago... Hope I don't wake him," he says, shutting the car door again and following her into the building to her place.

"Hot chocolate sounds great, actually."

This post has been edited by Parker Emery: Mar 23 2017, 12:29 AM

--------------------
PM
^
Kat de la Cruz
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 12:39 AM

vi

200 posts

21 years old

let's player

Townspersons

tracker

"No, he's like, a super heavy sleeper," Kat says as she opens the front door. She does lower her voice, but not by much; besides, with the brightly lit big-screen TV in the room, at least light can't bother him too much.

She slips off Jericho's coat and shoes and puts them away carefully - it's easy to tell what's his and what's hers just based on the way things are put away, Jericho's considerably more carefully than Kat's - and moves to the tiny kitchen. She pulls down two of her favorite mugs in the hope that the positive vibes will help Parker's night be less shitty. "You kind of have to be when you live with me because I don't really sleep? Much? At night? So..."

Kat busies herself making two mugs of hot cocoa, putting a little bit of extra time on the microwave so she can stop it before it beeps.

--------------------
PM
^
Parker Emery
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 01:24 AM

Taylor

1360 posts

19 years old

MC Student

tracker

Parker's a bit slower to remove his jacket and shoes, letting out a small, tired groan when he leans over to do so.

He looks around the place, following after her into the kitchen, where he leans against the counter. He's feeling a bit better already, frustration and anger no longer just under the surface. (Though not completely gone.)

Smiling, he replies, "Yeah, my roommate hates me for that."

--------------------
PM
^
Kat de la Cruz
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 08:25 PM

vi

200 posts

21 years old

let's player

Townspersons

tracker

Kat nods and pulls out crumpled packs of hot chocolate from a tiny cupboard, dumping two each into both mugs and then grabbing spoons. They rattle a little bit loudly and she peeks past Parker to make sure Jericho doesn't stir, exhaling in relief when he only rolls over a little bit.

She finds a bag of jumbo marshmallows and puts one in each mug so that they nearly overflow and then hands one to Parker.

"You're at... the one that isn't UMM, right? I can never remember what it's called... Do you live on campus?"

--------------------
PM
^
Parker Emery
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 02:04 PM

Taylor

1360 posts

19 years old

MC Student

tracker

Parker gives a small smile and quiet thanks as he takes the warm mug in his too-cold hands.

"Mhm, MC. Monroe College," he replies with an affirmative nod to both questions. "It's convenient for classes, I guess, but not so much for work or... anything else, really." He sighs, thinking about how much harder getting around will be without a car.

After a small sip from his mug to avoid getting any of the melting marshmallow on his lip, he looks at Kat and asks with no judgement, "Do you go to UMM or you just focusing on youtube work?"

--------------------
PM
^
Kat de la Cruz
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 07:43 PM

vi

200 posts

21 years old

let's player

Townspersons

tracker

"Oh, shit no, just the channel." Kat takes a slurp of her hot chocolate that comes out more loudly than she wanted it to and double checks to make sure it didn't wake Jericho up.

They're safe, of course, because Jericho sleeps like the dead, but she always worries.

"I was fuckin' terrible at school, like. Could not do it. Not into continuing it."

--------------------
PM
^
Parker Emery
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 11:13 PM

Taylor

1360 posts

19 years old

MC Student

tracker

When Kat glances over, Parker automatically does too, taking another sip from his own mug.

"Yeah... it's fuckin' hard. You got a good thing goin' anyway." After a pause, he adds, "Oh, uhm, can I plug my phone in to charge?"

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll